What Is a Career in Advertising Client Services Like? In Conversation with a Client Services Director
On the show today we meet Merope! Merope works as a Client Services Director in the advertising industry in the UK.
Merope kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the client services director role
- Insights into an advertising agency – typical workflow, departments & the myriad of roles
- An overview of the advertising industry
- The purpose of the client services director role
- What a client services director does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Merope became a client services director without a career plan
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Proudest moments of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring client services directors and advertising professionals
- The future of the advertising profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in advertising:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Following your instincts and trying different things until you find the thing you love
- Managing your personal brand at work
- Navigating salary increases and mentors
- The value of continuous learning
- The importance of culture and being able to bring your whole self to work
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the industry
- Presenting and public speaking – skills that can be nurtured and developed
So if you’re curious and wondering what a client services director does or how to become a client services director, or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!