What Is a Career in Branding Like? In Conversation with a Chief Brand Officer
On the show today we meet Kim! Kim works as a Chief Brand Officer in the EdTech industry in the UK. If you’re curious about a career in branding, check it out!
Kim kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the branding role
- How branding fits into marketing, or vice versa!
- Typical roles within a branding team
- The purpose of the branding role
- What a chief brand officer does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Kim became a chief brand officer from an aspiring vet
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring branding/marketing professionals
- The future of the branding/marketing profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in branding/marketing:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Why it makes sense to follow your passion
- The importance of believing in yourself and backing yourself
- Knowing when it is time for a change
- Why you shouldn’t worry if you are experiencing imposter syndrome
- The significance of finding the right company culture for you
- B2B – business to business
- B2C – business to consumer
- B2H – business to human
So if you’re curious and wondering what a chief brand officer does or how to become a chief brand officer or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!