What is a Career in Capital Market Assumptions like? In Conversation with a Capital Market Assumptions Professional
On the show today we meet Edoardo! Edoardo works as a Capital Market Assumptions professional in the investment management/asset management industry in the UK.
Edoardo kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the capital market assumptions role
- An overview of the financial services industry (including buy side versus sell side)
- The purpose of the capital market assumptions role
- What a capital market assumptions professional does on an average day
- Specialist statistical analysis software tools:
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Edoardo became a capital market assumptions professional from aspiring police officer
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring capital market assumptions professionals
- The future of the capital market assumptions profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in capital market assumptions and/or investment management/asset management
- Advice for his younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Misconceptions of the finance industry and the knowledge and access gaps
- The benefits of moving to a new country and getting to know different cultures
- The value of keeping in touch with ex-employers, colleagues and friends
- Balancing technical and softer skills and the importance of communication skills in all spheres
- Finding the positives/lessons from challenges, things that don’t work out, failures etc
So if you’re curious and wondering what a capital market assumptions professional does or how to become a capital market assumptions professional, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!