What Is a Career in Consultant Relations Like? In Conversation with a Vice President, Consultant Relations
On the show today we meet Ash! Ash works as a Vice President in Consultant Relations in the asset management industry in Singapore. If you’re curious about a career in consultant relations, check it out!
Ash kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the consultant relations role
- How investment consulting fits into the wider investment management landscape
- An overview of the Asian asset management industry
- The purpose of the consultant relations role
- What a VP, consultant relations does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Ash became a VP, consultant relations from aspiring journalist
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring consultant relations professionals
- The future of the consultant relations profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in consultant relations
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Being mindful of the lifestyle you want to lead when considering your career options
- The benefit of extra-curricular activities and networks at work
- Navigating rejection in sales and relationship management roles
- Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) in the asset management industry – more to do but lots to celebrate
- The power of self-belief and perseverance when faced with challenges
So if you’re curious and wondering what a VP, consultant relations does or how to become a VP, consultant relations or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!