What is a Career in Data Science like? In Conversation with a Data Scientist
On the show today we meet Aline! Aline works as a Data Scientist in the pharmaceutical industry in Switzerland.
Aline kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the data scientist role
- The purpose of the data scientist role
- An overview of the pharmaceutical industry
- What a data scientist does on an average day
- Specialist tools:
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Aline became a data scientist from an aspiring neurosurgeon
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for data science professionals:
- The future of the data science profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in data science
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- The benefits of multi-perspective and multi-skill teams
- The power of transferable skills
- Tips for networking
- Cultural nuances
- Emotional intelligence
- The importance of values
So if you’re curious and wondering what a data scientist does or how to become a data scientist, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!