What is a Career in Dentistry like? In Conversation with a Dentist & Business Owner
On the show today we meet Dipali! Dipali is a Dentist and Business Owner who manages multiple dental practices in the UK.
Dipali kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the dentist role
- An overview of the dentistry profession
- The purpose of the dentist role
- What a dentist and business manager does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Dipali became a dentist and business owner
- Challenges of the career journey
- Highs of the career journey
- Essential education, training and helpful skills for aspiring dentists
- Importance of role models and mentors
- The future of the dentistry profession
- Advice for people who are keen to find out more about a career in dentistry
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- The Founder’s Mentality and the value of an obsession with the front line
- The importance of broader business management skills such as social media and marketing
- The need to evolve and innovate
- Overcoming the fear of the unknown and steep learning curves
So if you’re curious and wondering what a dentist does or how to become a dentist, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!