What Is a Career in Digital Marketing Like? In Conversation with a Digital Marketing Manager
On the show today we meet Grace! Grace works as a Digital Marketing Manager in the asset management/investment management industry in the UK.
Grace kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the digital marketing manager role
- An insight into the structure of a digital marketing team and how it fits into the broader marketing team
- An overview of the asset management/investment management industry
- The purpose of the digital marketing manager role
- What a digital marketing manager does on an average day
- Specialist tools:
- WordPress web content management system (CMS)
- Adobe Analytics
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Grace became a digital marketing manager from aspiring TV chef and speech & language therapist
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Proudest moments of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring digital marketing professionals
- The future of the digital marketing profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in digital marketing:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- The power of collaboration
- The importance of trusting yourself
- The value of talking to people and asking for help
- Saying yes to opportunities
- Being open to change, embracing it and reframing it as an opportunity
So if you’re curious and wondering what a digital marketing manager does or how to become a digital marketing manager or you just want to be inspired! Listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!