What Is a Career as an Entrepreneur Like? In Conversation with a Social Entrepreneur
On the show today we meet Alex! Alex works as a Social Entrepreneur in the UK.
Alex kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the entrepreneur role
- An overview of the entrepreneurial landscape
- The purpose of the entrepreneur role
- The differences between the roles of founder, entrepreneur and CEO
- What an entrepreneur does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Alex became an entrepreneur from not knowing what he wanted to do
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring entrepreneurs
- The future of the entrepreneurship
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in entrepreneurship:
- Advice for his younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Social entrepreneurship, ESG and sustainability
- The power of self-awareness
- Navigating overwhelm and burnout
- The importance of knowing and upholding your values
- Embracing failure, resilience and tenacity
So if you’re curious and wondering what an entrepreneur does or how to become an entrepreneur or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!