What Is a Career in Investment Management Like? In Conversation with an Outsourced Client Chief Investment Officer
On the show today, we have the pleasure of meeting Sorca! Sorca is an experienced Outsourced Client Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) within the Investment Management industry based in the UK. Prepare to be inspired by Sorca’s dynamic career in the world of investment management!
Sorca kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the OCIO role
- An overview of the pensions industry
- Evolution of pensions advisory (done with you) to pension outsourcing (done for you)
- Purpose of the OCIO role
- Structure of a typical outsourced client investment team
- A day in the life of an OCIO
- Most enjoyable aspects of the role
- Challenging facets of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- Sorca’s journey to becoming an OCIO
- High points of the career journey
- Challenges along the career journey
- The significance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring investment management professionals:
- The future of the investment management profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in investment management:
- Advice for Sorca’s younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Aligning purpose and environment in your work
- Embracing change for professional growth
- The power of curiosity and inquiry
- Cultivating mentor relationships for success
- Overcoming self-doubt and building confidence
- Recognizing the right time to pivot
Curious about the role of an Outsourced Client Chief Investment Officer? Wondering about the path to becoming one or seeking inspiration? Join us for a captivating conversation as we dive into the dynamic world of investment management, uncovering invaluable career insights and guidance.
PS – We value your feedback! If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’d love to hear from you!