What Is a Career in Journalism Like? In Conversation with a Journalist, Founder & CEO
On the show today we meet Joe! Joe works as Journalist, Founder & CEO in the media & communications industry in the UK. If you’re curious about a career in journalism, check it out!
Joe kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the journalist role
- An overview of the journalism/media industry
- Typical roles within a content media agency
- The purpose of the journalist role
- What a journalist does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Joe became a journalist, founder & CEO, having set his sights on journalism at age 11
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring journalists/media professionals
- The future of the journalism/media profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in journalism/media:
- Advice for his younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) within the industry
- The importance and value of networking
- Juggling the pursuit of your passion and paying the bills
- The importance of being able to bring your whole self to work to do your best work
- Overcoming rejection and the power of persistence
So if you’re curious and wondering what a journalist does or how to become a journalist or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!