What Is a Career in Logistics Management Like? In Conversation with a Managing Director for Retail
On the show today we meet Natalie! Natalie works as a Managing Director for Retail in the logistics industry in the UK.
Natalie kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the logistics management role
- An overview of the logistics industry
- The purpose of the logistics management role
- An overview of the typical roles within a logistics company/department
- What a managing director for retail does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Natalie became a managing director for retail from not knowing what she wanted to do
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring logistics management professionals
- The future of the logistics profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in the logistics management profession:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Navigating steep learning curves
- How to approach mentoring
- Building a network to support your career development
- Learning from failure
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- Why it’s okay not to have a plan
So if you’re curious and wondering what a managing director for retail does or how to become a managing director for retail or you just want to be inspired – listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!