What is a Career in Education Administration Management like? In Conversation with a Director of Education
On the show today we meet Edith! Edith works as a Director of Education for a non-profit (charity) in the US. This unique role is a combination of non-profit/charity management and education administration.
Edith kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the director of education role
- An overview of the non-profit industry
- The purpose of the director of education role
- What a director of education does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Edith became a director of education from not knowing what she wanted to do
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring directors of education and non-profit/charity professionals
- The future of the non-profit/charity education administration profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in the non-profit/charity education administration profession
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- The benefit of transferable skills across sectors
- The value of working hard and enjoying what you do for growth and success
- Overcoming imposter syndrome
- US vs UK workplace cultures
So if you’re curious and wondering what a director of education does or how to become a director of education, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!