What is a Career in Nursing like? In Conversation with a Tissue Viability Specialist Nurse
On the show today we meet Dan! Dan works as a Tissue Viability Specialist Nurse for an acute NHS hospital in the UK.
Dan kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the nurse role
- An overview of the nursing profession
- The purpose of the tissue viability specialist nurse role
- What a tissue viability specialist nurse does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Dan became a tissue viability specialist nurse from an aspiring illustrator
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring nurses
- Advice for people who are keen to find out more about a career in nursing
- The future of the nursing profession
- Advice for his younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Simon Sinek and the importance of knowing your why
- The importance of great people and great teams
- Saying yes to continuous learning, learning, training and opportunities
So if you’re curious and wondering what a nurse does or how to become a nurse, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!