What is a Career in Personal Styling like? In Conversation with a Personal Stylist
On the show today we meet Maggie! Maggie works as a Personal Stylist in the fashion industry in the UK.
Maggie kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the personal stylist role
- An overview of the fashion industry
- The purpose of the personal stylist role
- What a personal stylist does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Maggie became a personal stylist from not knowing what she wanted to do
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring personal stylists and fashion professionals
- The future of the personal styling profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in personal styling and the fashion industry:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Getting comfortable with networking
- Believing in yourself and celebrating the small wins
- The value of transferable skills
- Interviews as a two-way process
- UK versus US workplace culture
- Diversity, inclusion and accessibility within the industry
- Sustainability within the fashion industry
So if you’re curious and wondering what a personal stylist does or how to become a personal stylist, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!