What is a Career in Product Solutions Management like? In Conversation with a Product Solutions Manager
On the show today we meet Jay! Jay is a Senior Product Solutions Manager who works in the asset management/investment management industry in the UK.
Jay kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the product solutions manager role
- An overview of the investment management industry
- The purpose of the product solutions manager role
- What a product solutions manager does on an average day
- Specialist tools:
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Jay became a senior product solutions manager from an aspiring optometrist
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring product solutions managers
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in product solutions management:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Benefits of gaining experience in complimentary industries and business areas
- The value of getting involved in projects outside of your core role
- Imposter syndrome and how to reframe this for learning
- The importance of curiosity, a desire to learn and asking for help
- The strength of networks and tips for natural networking
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in the investment management industry
So if you’re curious and wondering what a product solutions manager does or how to become a product solutions manager, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!