What is a Career in Social Media Marketing like? In Conversation with a Social Media Consultant
On the show today we meet Louise! Louise works as a Social Media Consultant in the media & communications industry in the UK.
Louise kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the social media consultant role
- An overview of the social media marketing industry
- The purpose of the social media consultant role
- What a social media consultant does on an average day
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Louise became a social media consultant from not knowing what she wanted to do
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Proudest moments of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring social media marketing professionals
- The future of the social media marketing profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in social media marketing:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
- VA – Virtual Assistant
- Jim Collins – Bug Book
We also talk about:
- Networking nerves
- Imposter syndrome
- The power of transferable skills
- ‘Listening’ to what excites you and connecting the dots
- The importance of staying curious – listening, learning, up-skilling, asking questions
- The value of building solid foundations before specialising
- Facing your fears, the ego and receiving feedback as a gift
- Taking control of your own destiny
- The importance of believing in yourself
So if you’re curious and wondering what a social media consultant does or how to become social media consultant, listen, watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!