What Is a Career in Sovereign Analysis Like? In Conversation with a Sovereign Analyst
On the show today we meet Biola! Biola works as a Sovereign Analyst in the Asset Management/Investment Management industry in the UK.
Biola kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the sovereign analyst role
- An overview of the asset management/investment management industry
- The purpose of the sovereign analyst role
- What a sovereign analyst does on an average day
- Specialist tools:
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Biola became a sovereign analyst from wanting to be a lawyer as a child
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Proudest moments of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training and skills for aspiring sovereign analysts
- The future of the sovereign analysis profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in sovereign analysis:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
We also talk about:
- Finding your passion and knowing when you have found it
- Finding a mentor and getting the most out of the mentoring relationship
- The value of extra-curricular activities at work for growth, development and raising your profile
- The importance of values alignment and happiness in career decision making
- Rejection and the importance of courage, tenacity, resilience and self-belief
So if you’re curious and wondering what a sovereign analyst does or how to become a sovereign analyst or you just want to be inspired – listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!