What Is a Career in Sustainable Investment Solutions Like? In Conversation with a Head of Sustainable Investment Quantitative Analysis
On the show today we meet Marcela! Marcela works as a Head of Sustainable Investment Quantitative Analysis in the financial services industry in France. If you’re curious about a career in sustainable investment solutions, check it out!
Marcela kindly shares with us:
- Common misconceptions of the sustainable investment solutions role
- An overview of the sustainable investment industry
- The purpose of the sustainable investment solutions role
- What a sustainable investment solutions specialist does on an average day
- Specialist tools:
- Investing basics:
- Factor investing
- Most enjoyable parts of the role
- Challenging parts of the role
- Proudest moments in the role
- How Marcela became a head of sustainable investment quantitative analysis from aspiring pilot
- Highs of the career journey
- Challenges of the career journey
- Importance of role models and mentors
- Helpful education, training, and skills for aspiring sustainable investment solutions professionals
- The future of the sustainable investment solutions profession
- Advice and resources for people who are keen to find out more about a career in sustainable investment solutions:
- Advice for her younger self and you!
- ESG – environmental, social, and governance
- ETF – exchange traded fund
- FX – foreign exchange
We also talk about:
- The benefit of gaining exposure to different options and possibilities – you can’t be what you can’t see
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in financial services
- Balancing growing a career while growing a family
- The importance of being happy now
- Why it is so important to own your career, promote yourself and get in the driving seat
So if you’re curious and wondering what a head of sustainable investment quantitative analysis does or how to become a head of sustainable investment quantitative analysis or if you just want to be inspired ~ listen or watch and enjoy!
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!