Timeless Insights #5: From Our Conversation With an Investment Manager
Welcome to Episode 49 of The Career Discovery Podcast, the show that’s all about helping you broaden your career horizons, discover your professional potential and empower your career journey.
This week, we’re excited to reintroduce our exceptional guest from Episode 5, Van, an Investment Manager with a wealth of experience in the UK’s Investment Management industry.
In this episode, we revisit the timeless and universal career insights that Van shared:
- The Value of Internships: Exploring career preferences and gaining valuable experiences.
- Adaptability: Adapting to changing work environments and embracing new challenges.
- Enjoyment Matters: Finding fulfilment in your role by enjoying the content of your work.
- Overcoming Limiting Beliefs: Overcoming self-doubt.
- Mentorship and Support: Seeking guidance from role models and mentors while never hesitating to ask for help.
- Soft Skills and Trust: Developing essential soft skills, doing what’s right and the importance of trust in the workplace.
- Diverse Internships: Exploring a variety of internship opportunities for a well-rounded perspective.
- Information Exploration: Taking time to research and gather information before making career decisions.
- Networking: Reaching out to others for advice and assistance.
- Skills Versatility: Focusing on your skills but being open to the various contexts in which they can be applied.
- Stretching Your Comfort Zone: Getting outside of your comfort zone for continued growth.
- Collaboration: Harnessing the people around you because success is a collective effort.
So, whether you’re considering a career in finance or seeking inspiration for your professional journey, stay tuned as Van’s insights will inspire and help you navigate your career journey with confidence.
Subscribe now to join us every week for fresh episodes, engaging Q&A sessions and more. And if you’re craving extra inspiration and insights, check out our extensive back catalogue of insightful conversations including the full conversation with Van.
PS – If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out.